Want to work for us?
Studio/Production Equipment Manager
Savage Media is a fast-growing media and creative content studio headquartered in Nashville, TN. Our growth is fueled by the value we bring to our customers through the high-end products and services we deliver. At SM, we pride ourselves on being the right partner – someone who cares about what matters most, asks the right questions, and listens to what customers have to say We’re strategic business thinkers who know how to leverage technology. If you can dream it, we can deliver it. We do everything in-house. We understand budgets. We know how to stay within them and how to maximize them. We deliver what we promise – always. We are currently looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
You have experience with video production equipment and are comfortable operating a camera. You are detail-oriented and pride yourself in meticulously maintaining a well-run and organized gear room & studio space. You are motivated to make an immediate impact and grow your career. And of course, you want to join a super-talented team, who works hard, but has fun doing it.
SM is located in the Germantown area of Nashville, TN. Our brand new headquarters feature open workspaces, glass garage doors, patios, studio kitchen, sound stage and over 5,000 sq feet of collaborative space. This role is on-site.
About the Role:
The successful Studio/Production Equipment Manager will maintain, organize, repair and track all production equipment. Will research and recommend purchases for new equipment. Will consistently coordinate with producers, production manager and other crew to schedule equipment for shoots, and will manage our production studio. Will also have the ability to do basic camera operating for small, in-studio shoots.
• Basic Camera Operating for In-Studio Video Shoots
• Oversee and Maintain in-house production studio
• Tracking, Maintaining and Organizing all production gear and equipment
• Prep all gear for field shoots and often attend shoots and help out as a PA/Grip
• Ensure regular quality control of all gear
• Regular inventory of all gear and equipment
• Staying up to date on the latest gear and equipment trends
• Create, Implement and Enforce policies/procedures
• Willingness to learn all aspects of production (such as lighting for in-studio video shoots).
• Experience with basic camera operation (bonus if you have experience with high-end cinematic cameras (Red/Arri, etc.)
• Experience with production lighting and grip
• Motivated self-starter with extreme level of work ethic
• 1-2 years of experience in related field
• Basic understanding of raid server maintenance
• Drone Flying Experience (or the desire to learn how to fly a drone