Want to produce for us?
CREATIVE VIDEO PRODUCER – SHOWRUNNER
Rare Money is seeking a Creative Video Producer to provide overall operational oversight and creative execution. Responsibilities include delegating organizational structure, analyzing and providing input to company strategy, and general operational oversight of all aspects of production. This role will also help inform written editorial strategy, in collaboration with the managing editor. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Rare covers every corner of American culture with no slant or bias. We tell stories with heart, humor, and authenticity to celebrate American life. With a focus on news, media, and humor, we are a RARE voice in today’s media landscape. Rare Money is launching in Q3 2022.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented Creative Video Producer with a dedication to style and story to join the team at our Nashville facility. This position will work directly with on-camera talent, writers, and editors to ensure timely delivery of periodic video content that aligns with the Rare Money brand voice and creative vision for each video series.
- Create original content from start to finish on a daily basis for distribution across multiple digital and social platforms
- Produce both short-form and long-form video and motion graphics at a high level
- Produce content in a variety of styles and techniques, while working within Rare Finance brand style guide
- Consistently seek out resources, ideas and methods to innovate in the production space and to motivate content creators
- Exercise creativity and self-motivation to contribute and actively be a part of a culture of professionalism and exceptional production
- Help lead, manage and support the video/motion graphics team members
- Coordinate projects, production schedules and department needs with the creative leadership team
- Help develop, implement, execute and manage department initiatives, workflows and processes
- Actively engage in the creative process for both post-production and livestream production needs; work with all parties to achieve defined goals.
- Coordinate delivery of produced content for distribution on acceptable channels.
- Assist with the logging and archiving of video content and the overall digital asset management
- Oversee all aspects of video content
- Direction post production of high-quality, short-form videos in a wide range of styles
- Oversee the creation and publishing of video versions specifically for each major platform (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) in line with established best practices
- Generate exciting and informative creative concepts focusing on stories the finance media space
- Work with other production staff to craft ideas into engaging and repeatable video series
- Develop, creative ideas for new video features, content and enhancements that advance objectives and strategic plan
- Participate in creative design and planning sessions with production staff
- Experience driving omni channel content strategy (written, video, newsletter) to engage audiences and attract brand sponsors
- 8+ years (or equivalent) in video production, broadcasting, television, or similar discipline
- 3+ years of management experience
- 1-3 years relevant experience creating social-first videos
- Working knowledge of social platforms and history of growing audience scale via socials and other platforms to 50,000 or more
- Experience with live production and video series content preferred
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, delivering high quality results under the pressure of deadlines, with routinely quick turnaround times
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail and high work standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, independently, and under close direction
- Experience creating short-form video for platforms including Facebook, YouTube and, Instagram
- Track record of creating video that grows and engages social audiences organically
- Deep knowledge of social media video best practices, landscape and ability to recognize stories that drive engagement
- Strong visual storytelling abilities
- Team player and cross-functional skills/knowledge to cover other areas, as needed
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience creating budgets and profit/loss responsibility
- Experience in graphics and digital video design
- Passion for finance and finance-related topics (e.g. crypto, blockchain, alternate investments)